There are so many reasons to be a member of IIABKC – seven are outlined here:
- Increased representation. IIABKC members benefit from three-tier representation – representation within King County, representation on a state-wide level (through IIABW), and representation on a national level (through IIABA).
- Educational opportunities. The IIABKC’s continuing education programs and Annual Meetings offer members unparalleled education offerings that are tailored to the specific needs of King County agents. For example, the recently concluded Annual continuing education meeting on December 2 was a particularly thought-provoking session on the Dirty Dozen of Claims. We again partnered with PLUS (Professional Liability Underwriting Society) for this event and it was approved for 3 Ethics CE and CLE Credits.
- Networking. Every contact you make is a potential asset to you and your business. The IIABKC Annual Meeting, educational offerings, golf tournament and social events are excellent tools for professional interaction. And, the IIABKC Board makes a concerted effort to co-host events with other industry associations (e.g. PLUS, CPCU), to further increase the networking potential for you.
- Investing in our Industry. The IIABKC makes two key investments in the future of the local insurance industry: 1.) we sponsor an insurance internship to a college student, and 2.) we provide Professional Development Grants, up to $500 each, that can be applied to the continuing education efforts of any employee of an IIABKC member for any educational event including the IIABW and Young Agents Conventions, CIC, IIABW-sponsored CE. The professional development grants alone can pay for your membership.
- Public Relations enhancement. The IIABKC works hard to educate the public on the role of the independent insurance agent and provide press coverage for activities of the organization.
- Responsibility. As a member of the insurance industry, you have a responsibility to be part of its workings. The successful professional is one who shares that responsibility and who participate in his or her industry organization. We need and want you to be part of our team.
- Membership is easy! Join or renew online!